Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Humphrey Seminar

Hi Friends of the entire world. (I love say this)

I am absent in class two weeks ago because I went in a seminar very important to may program. If you don’t know anything about my program, you should go to this site and learn more it is a amused program: http://www.journalism.umd.edu/Humphrey/
In this seminar we could know each other and make good network. We had several activities and social events like a dinner in U.S. State Department in Washington D.C; meeting with non governmental organization; international agencies for example; World Bank and Global Rights; U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development and U.S. Department of Commerce – Technology Administration. In addition we had have opportunity to visited a high school in U.S. I went in a school close to College Park and I had had a nice time with students from this school. They were in Music class- chorus group- waiting for us and they have preview information about me and they single to me a music in Portuguese. Of course, I was crying very much because the music that they pick up is from my childhood and make me little homesick. I have some pictures from this emotionally week where I had met my Humphrey colleagues and made new friends and also I knew more about United States that have been hosted me very well. I don’t have digital camera, so this pictures are from my friend’s camera, that it’s very late my post in this blog.
Enjoyed this memories.

U.S. State Department - Dinner - HHH from UMD

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Wow, you had a lot of opportunities to experience different things during your week away from College Park! What a wonderful chance you had! I enjoyed reading all about it and looking at the pictures here and above!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home