Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Four weeks and how about my English?

That’s it!
After four weeks of studying English continuously, I need to say something about my improvement.
Let’s think about this time here in MEI – Maryland. Maybe you don’t know, but before I came here I had been studying English in Eugene, Oregon. And when I arrived there I had no idea about English. Before that time, I had never studied English. So, I think that my teachers there had a hard time trying to explain to me some basic notion about English language and structure. I believe that they did a good job because now I feel comfortable absorbing more and more English.
Here I have been studying grammar and new vocabulary for one month. I think that my reading is getting better but when I try to write, I don’t know what happens; I still make big mistakes with verb tenses. I will be trying to write more and more. I know that if I write every day I will be able to overcome my mistakes. I also know that reading a lot will help me reach my goal.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

It's true: we learn to write by reading (not by writing, although it is important to experiment with writing). Research shows that good writers (in any language) are usually voracious readers. The more you read, the better you will be able to write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home